Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Just One Star

I have been wanting to work on a charity project for awhile now, but haven't found anything locally.  We have talked about many different things, and everyone has lots of ideas, but no formal plans have ever happened.  Yesterday, while drinking coffee and reading blogs (my morning ritual) I found the perfect charity opportunity!  Go to Moda's blog Just One Star.  Their goal is to make 100 quilts using the pattern shown above that was designed by Minick and Simpson.  But all you have to do is choose your own fabrics - a red or blue for the star and a cream background - make the block, following the pattern that Moda supplies on their blog, and mail it in!  They have made it really simple - which makes it even more enticing. There are some great people involved in this program and I can't wait to get started!  Check out the details and let me know what you think!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting about this! I am going to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many worthy causes for charity quilts. I make mission quilts to send through whatever church has a mission team going out. It's a way to support missionaries, and send something out of the US. Please look up my ministry called Stitchin' Mission. I'm getting ready to make a DVD of quiltmaking lessons!

    ReplyDelete