Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Fun Times!

Whew....it has been a busy few days!  On Friday, I drove to Waterloo to pick up Aunt Nancy.  We hit a couple of quilt shops on the way home.  First we stopped at Connie's Quilt Shop, in Marion, IA.  If you haven't been there, it is sure worth the trip.  Plan on spending some time (and money!) in there.  She has lots and lots of stuff in a small area. Every time I'm there I usually have to walk through about 4 times, and I still don't think that I see everything.  She has a lot of Civil War fabrics, loads of juvenile prints, baby stuff, books, stencils, patterns, puzzles, every notion you can think of - just some of everything!  Oh, and now she also carries my jewelry!  She bought about a dozen pieces while I was there - so make sure you check that out too!  Also, make sure that you visit the bathroom while you're there.  That's right...I said The Bathroom!  Her sale fabric is in the tub!  It's also in the little area leading to the bathroom. Very fun!

After that, we visited Nancy at Inspirations, in Hills, IA.  She also has lots of Civil War fabrics and also lots of other nice fabrics, including some batiks, 30's repros, etc.  She carries a lot of patterns and some really nice gift items (including my jewelry, of course!) and some other really cool jewelry. There is also a great little deli/bakery in the back of the shop - they have good soup and sandwiches, and the best cookies ever!  Definitely worth a visit.

On Saturday we left bright and early for a trip to Chicago.
Johnna (my niece) and Jessica (my daughter)

Mom bought us all tickets to Stars on Ice for our birthdays.
We did a little shopping on the way over, then went to the show Saturday night.  It was awesome!  If you ever get the chance to go to one of the shows, be sure to do it. 

I have to end here - need to get to town to weigh-in - YUCK!!!!

More later!

1 comment:

  1. I'm envious of your quilting expedition!! I was expecting to see a picture of stash as I'm sure that you could not go into to those shops and not buy anything!

    Very sweet picture of your niece and daughter. Now I'll know what she looks like when you talk about her.

    ReplyDelete