Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Count it as a finish!

I have made an executive decision.  Each project gets 2 finishes.  The first finish will be when I am done piecing it.  The second finish will be when the last stitch is sewn on the binding.  Sound fair?  There could be a huge amount of time in between those finishes - so much time, in fact, that you may forget you ever saw it to begin with.  Yesterday as I was trying to FINISH the Lori Smith quilt (yes, I know, you are all tired of hearing about it) I discovered part of the reason it takes me so long to do anything...

They seem to think that my tape measure is their new toy.  It took forever to get them out of my way and get the top measured.  The next time I measured I pinned the top to my design wall, but then they just want to jump up at the tape measure.  Well, Ozzie doesn't really do much jumping - he is far too lazy for that (kind of like me), but he does show his curiosity.  The world is their toy!  Notice that CC is not bothering things - she is minding her manners like a good kitty.  So....drum roll please....here it is - borders and all!!!!

Yippee!!  I really like it - not sure what I will do about quilting.  I will probably have it machine quilted - which means it will have a much quicker 2nd finish!  That is CC standing innocently off to the side, just watching - not causing trouble.  She is a good kitty.

Here are a couple of pictures of jewelry that I posted on my website yesterday...

I have sold a ton of flags, but these are the new ones with tan stripes, instead of white - I made a batch before, but they sold out in a day or two.  I love the little starburst.  The heart is cute on a scissor fob (it's only 1") or as a pendant.  Of course, I had to have one sideways picture - I just don't get why it has to be that way!  These earrings have been popular too - they are only 3/4" and have pins and pendants that match.  It's kind of hard to tell from this picture (I am such a crappy photograper!), but they are black and tan with a star in the center - the background of the star is red.  Check them all out on my website - Me & My Stitches.

Hope you all have a "finish" in your day!

2 comments:

  1. You have way too much energy in the morning LOL Love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your quilt. So scrappy and looks like it was so much fun to make. Love how you have "assistants" in your sewing room. It's funny the things that they like to play with. Not cat toys for them - they'd rather play with your toys!!

    ReplyDelete