Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Day 4 of Seven days of Quilts

If you have read my blog for a long time you have seen this quilt and know the story behind it.  If not...here goes!  A few years ago, a good friend and I took a road trip to Wisconsin.  We stopped at several awesome quilt shops, with a final destination of Primitive Gatherings.  We stayed at Lisa's retreat house for a few days and it was amazing!  While we were there, we drug Lisa off to a few different shops (she thought she needed to work, but we stitched in the car instead!) and she took us to her house and also to the warehouse.  She gave me 3 huge boxes of scraps from her first 2 fabric lines.  I have used tons of them - making so much jewelry, but I still had a lot left, and that is when I decided to design this quilt.  I named it Gathering Scraps and it is a reminder of a great trip and great friends. I designed it specifically to cover 2 tall tables that I use when vending at shows - I wanted something to go over the top of the tables.  When I finished the quilt, I sent Lisa a text showing it to her, and she called and asked if she could borrow it.  At first I hesitated, because I had a plan for it, and I wanted it for an upcoming show.  Then I decided that was stupid - a lot more people would see it if it were in her booth or at her shops.  So I sent it to her and made a much smaller one to use in my booth (and did something else to cover my table!).  Out of all of the quilts that I've designed, this one was my favorite to make (and it's a good thing, since I made 2).  It goes really fast and it was just fun!  I know Lisa has taken it to shows, and it's been in the shop in Wisconsin. Now it's in the California shop.  

If you want to read all about our trip you can go to these links...
Day one
Day two
Day three
Day Four
The rest!

I'll be back tomorrow with another quilt!  Is anyone in shock that I am posting so much?  You should be - it's a miracle.

1 comment:

  1. I, for one, am definitely in shock!
    Yes, I remember the story behind this quilt, and the uncanny fact that I was making a mini churn dash and chain quilt at the same time you were making this.
    Do you think Lisa will ever give it back? : )

    ReplyDelete