Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Day 3 of 7 days of quilts

Here is the quilt that I posted on Instagram for my day 3 of 7 days.  This is called Everlasting Wreath and was designed by Edyta Sitar.  I really enjoyed paper piecing the blocks - it was fun to use lots of fabrics, and the yellow in the center is my all-time favorite yellow fabric.  The trouble with this one is that when I went to sew it all together...not so fun!  I hate y-seams, and that's what it is.  Plus, the edges were not supposed to be straight, but I just couldn't deal with it, so I cut it all off.  Then I couldn't decide how I wanted to hand quilt it.  I remember asking the question on my blog and many people said Baptist fans.  That was a big fat NO to me.  In my opinion, Baptist fans are nice and they definitely have a place on some quilts, but I feel they are way over-used.  So...I ended up just quilting around the center triangle, then stitching a straight line out from each one of the triangle points.  It's really all this quilt needs - something simple to compliment the busyness of the pattern.

Speaking of busy patterns, that is what I'm working on - finishing up my pineapple quilt so that I can have the pattern ready for our next show, which is in Dallas, TX in March (click to go to their website).  YIKES!!!!  Just one month away!  I'm going to finish the binding today and try to get a decent picture - that is always the hardest part for me.

We also have lots of jewelry and ruler boxes to finish up before the show.  Here are a few that we finished over the weekend - some darks - earrings are 3/4" the pendants vary in size, with the largest being 1 1/2"
 And a few brights - these are 1 1/2" pendants

Here are some of the finished kitty pendants - all 1 1/4"
 And it hit me that I had the perfect fabric to cover the back of these (so you couldn't see my hand stitching threads)...a cute Judie Rothermel shirting.
Back to binding!

5 comments:

  1. I love the quilt, but I stay away from Y-Seams. Don't know why, but I have never made friends with them.
    Oh, wow, that kitty shirting is purrfect for your cat pendants!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everlasting wreath is beautiful. I battle with non straight edges too. I probably would have straightened them also. Love all the jewelry especially the kitty pendants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very striking,mgraphic, beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I am constantly amazed by your incredible quilts... I'd love to see the hand quilting up close and personal. Y-seam? Hmmm...I've done a lot of sewing and tailoring in my day, but not sure I know what those are. Pretty jewelry...those kitty pendants are stinking cute! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete