Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Day 5 of 7 quilts

Another purple quilt!  Can you tell that purple was once my favorite color (replaced by red!)?  These are all Civil War reproduction fabrics (as are most of my quilts).  Some friends and I went on a little road trip to Homestead Hearth in Mexico, MO, where I picked up some of these purples and the pattern - it was a free one by Jill Reid for Windham.  I hand quilted this one too - straight lines 1/4" inside the lines on the blocks, orange peel in the sashing and a cable in the border.  



We have some company coming this weekend, so I'm cleaning a little and trying to get my piles organized!  

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt Road trips with girl friends are always such fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love a road trip to Homestead hearth, but it is a bit far from my house. : )
    When did you find time to hand quilt this purple beauty?

    ReplyDelete