Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Behold the Sparkle Ball!



Have you ever heard of a sparkle ball?  The sparkle ball is a very popular item in our house.  I'm sure that many people use these for craft items.  Not us!  Callie LOVES sparkle balls!  She always has.  There are 3 different sizes - she likes the medium size.  They come in many different colors, and she by far prefers pink!  It's true! (I know that I keep sounding more and more like the crazy cat lady).  I will prove to you that I am not crazy (well kind of crazy, but not CCL crazy!).  We bought Callie a big bag of sparkle balls at Hobby Lobby.  If we leave them out, she will drag every single ball out of the package and have them EVERYWHERE - kind of like leaving a bag of candy in front of a kid, or leaving a bag of chocolate in front of me!  So we stuck them inside a kitchen cabinet.  Looks what happens any time you open any of the cabinet doors in the island:



She always hops in the cabinet and digs in the bag of sparkle balls!  She loves to bat them around, carry them everywhere in her mouth, and play fetch (I swear she was a dog in a previous life).  We find them in her food dish all the time.  I think she is so used to having them in her mouth, she forgets they are there.  She will bring one to you and sit there and make the purring noise until you throw it.  Well, last night, in the middle of the night, she was being a brat and jumping and playing on the bed.  I didn't know what her problem was, but she kept waking me up.  She started in again this morning.  I finally became coherent enough to figure out that she had a sparkle ball and wanted to play!  What a brat.

Yesterday was not very productive, so today I really have to get busy.  I did manage to make a few flag pins yesterday.  In the past I have usually made them the typical red, white and blue, but decided to try using a darker tan in these - for a more primitive look.  Let me know what you think of the tan...
I am going to a great shop tomorrow called The Woolen Needle in Williamsburg, IA, and I hope they like the tan - I think they will.  Their shop is awesome - they do a lot of wool (duh...their name is WOOLEN Needle) and carry many Civil War reproduction fabrics and lots of darks.  My goal will be to sell more than I spend!  Sometimes that's difficult to do!

Hope you have a Sparkle Ball of a day!!  (can it get any cheesier than that?)

1 comment:

  1. Callie is such a cute cat. I totally believe that she plays fetch because we have a cat, O'Malley, who plays fetch with those little foil balls.
    I really like the tan fabric. The pin is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete