Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Soup's On!

I haven't written for a few days, or posted any cat pictures - I bet you all were thinking that Callie is being a good kitty, and there is no news, right?  WRONG!!  She is still her bad little self.  A question for you....where do good kitties lay?



NOT ON THE COUNTER!!!!!  You notice that she could care less that I know she is up there.  She really thinks she is the Queen!  Drives me crazy.

Another interesting place that she likes to be:


Yes, she is inside the dishwasher.  When I unload it, she waits patiently until I get everything out of the bottom before she hops in.  She seems to think it is a fun place to play.  She is really cute, though - which is the only reason that she gets away with being so bad all the time.  Doesn't she look funny with her paws over the rack?  She really does make me laugh.  Enough of her for now - I'm sure she will give me something to blog about again later...

I have been busy with a couple of new wholesale orders - which is a good thing.  Also took a little road trip on Wednesday after my hair cut.  The shop in Hills, IA - Inspirations - is now stocked back up with my jewelry.  If you are ever in the area, stop and see them - she really has a nice shop, and there is a great deli/bakery attached to the shop.  I grabbed a sandwich for lunch - it was yummy, and the cookies are amazing! 

Speaking of yummy - Hubby gave me a really nice bundle of fabric for Christmas:


It is Jo Morton - Ember Reds and Evergreens.  I want to open it up and look closer, but it just looks so nice in it's bundle form!  (Thanks again Tara from Sew Unique Creations for helping him with his order - you never go wrong ordering from her!)  One of these days I am going to open it up and come up with a nice little project to use some of these.


The hubby bought a new cookbook:

and he is trying it out this weekend (I love it when he gets in cooking mode!).  I love soup and could eat it every day - he usually isn't that excited about it, but he does like to try new recipes.  Last night he made Beef Barley Soup.  It was really good and I ate waaaayyy too much.  Probably explains why I stopped losing weight at the weekly Weight Watchers meeting, huh?  Tonight he is making White Chili.  Instead of using ground turkey (like the recipe calls for) he is using chicken.  I wanted to make bread in the bread machine, but I have no yeast.  Grrrr...I am not going to town for it either - so I guess we will not have bread!  I had thought of making beer bread (no yeast needed!) but we have no beer!  Not big drinkers, obviously.  I wonder what would happen if I used diet 7-up or Smirnoff Ice?  Hmmm...I will let you know the results if I try it.

I better get busy finishing up orders - hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment