Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Just Ramblings!

Good Morning!  I have my two days of official outside-my-house work finished for the week and now it is time to do the important stuff!  Jewelry and quilting!  Yippee!  I have to get my mop cut this morning and thought after that I would run to a couple of my favorite quilt shops - they are in need of more jewelry for their shops.  Wish I had a little more made up, but it will have to do.  I have a new customer, from New Hampshire who placed an order for 35 pieces last weekend.  That is why you haven't heard much from me - I am busy trying to get her order finished up.  I'm almost there!  Tomorrow I am going to get serious and sew the day away. 

I wanted to share a cute Santa with you - even though it is well after Santa season, I still have him sitting in the window in my sewing room, cuz I think he is so cute.  I have to keep him out longer than the rest of the Christmas decorations.

Isn't he cute?  He is all hand made, and is holding a big Christmas ornament.  A lady in Fairfield, Iowa makes these - hubby bought him for me last year at CR Quilts in Fairfield.  But even neater - look at his jacket from the back....

It's a crazy quilt.  I just love him and am going to keep him out awhile longer!

I also wanted to show you a picture of a wall hanging that is one of my favorites - this is on the wall in my sewing room:

Aunt Nancy made one of these, and brought it down (she lives in MN) to show me.  She wanted it hand quilted, but she does not like to hand quilt!  I told her that I would quilt it for her - it didn't take long at all - I just did diagonal lines over the whole thing - in both directions.  For quilting it for her, she made one for me!  I just love it - I love the faces in the center and all of the Civil War reproduction fabrics.  Cute!! 

I guess I better get my act together and get moving - hope you all have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment