Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

But wait...what about the dogs??

Yes, we have two dogs too, but they are outside.  Actually there are more cats outside as well.  The picture below is kind of hard to see, but I thought it was funny.  CC sitting in the window watching Boomer, who is outside, happy as can be, sitting in the snow.  You know if cats had thumbs, she would be thumbing her nose at the dog.  She thinks she is special, being inside and all.  Little does she know, Boomer loves it outside.  He is so funny - he just tromps around out there - walking across the pond when it is frozen (which I wish he wouldn't do - makes me nervous) and eating everything he can get his mouth on.  He will be one year old in February, and still has a lot of puppy in him.  No pictures of Sophie (our border collie) today - she is probably hiding from Boomer!







I took another picture, from the other windows in my sewing room - looking onto the deck.  Doesn't it look cold?  It's only 14 degrees!

 
And back to quilting...I did not come up with a pattern yesterday.  I thought about it, and messed around with some ideas.  Then one thing led to another (is it just me, or does that happen to everyone?) I ended up buying the upgrade to EQ7 and added in Block Base just for good measure!  So that gave me the excuse to wait on the pattern idea until I get my new software.  I just really don't enjoy making patterns - I would rather be making jewelry.  So...that is what I did.  Below is a day or two of work.  They are not finished, the hubby still needs to do his part (glass, solder, etc!).


There is one kind-of-new design - see the little basket in a square?  That is new - before I just made plain baskets (not in the square!)  I thought it was kind of cute.  It is 1 1/4".  I still like the new triangles. 

Another thing I have been thinking about is making pin cushions to take to shows when I vend.   I need stuff to fill up my booth - the jewelry just doesn't take up that much room!  Let me know what you think...these are what I have made so far.  The square ones are 3 1/2" (if I remember right).


Ok, now I have to decide what I am going to work on the rest of the day.  I got my cleaning chores done (YUCK!!!! - I hate cleaning), so I am guilt-free the rest of the day.  Hope you have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment