Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Friday, October 13, 2017

So much catching up to do!

Do you ever feel like you just never quite catch up on everything?  Boy, I sure do!  We have been busy, busy, busy!  I've made tons of pumpkin pendants - these are 1" x 1 1/2" with bling.  Cute, huh?


 My "Surprise" program filled up in just a few days - thank you to everyone who signed up.  The first shipment has gone out.  Here they are, all wrapped up and ready to go.
 This just kind of looks like a big mess - but here are the piles of goodies waiting to be packaged.  Aren't these little chick pin cushions adorable?  I just love them. 
 Thread, rulers, chalk markers and magnets...oh my!

This is such a quick project, and perfect for this time of year.  I was digging around in my totes that I keep all of my show stuff, in and found a few of these kits.  I posted them on Instagram and quickly sold more than I had!  So, I made up a few more!  They are available on my website.  I even have the Valdani perle cotton that you need for the wool part.  

If you completed the entire Minnesota shop hop, you received one of these flag pendants!  I forgot to take a picture of them until I had already packaged up a lot of them - there were 100 total. 

This is a block of the month called Simply Vintage.  I'm doing it through Sew Graceful Quilting.  I'm trying so hard to keep up on this, but it's not working!  Luckily they are pretty simple blocks.  My dad has been in and out of the hospital lately, and even though it's not much fun for him, it has given me some extra stitching time!  I've spent a few days just hanging out with him, stitching away.  I've tried to tell him that I could teach him to stitch and he could help me out a little with all of these projects I have, but so far, he's not convinced.

And now to update you on what the kitties have been up to.  This one of Ozzie makes me laugh - he never lays on the ironing board and I'm not sure what possessed him to do it, unless he just thought that fabric needed some extra fur on it!

Callie spends a lot of time on the ironing board - she likes to sit and look out the window (and put little nose prints all over the glass!).  She must have also decided this block needed some fur!

This happens several times a day...it means he is ready for a snack!  And of course, I can't tell that cute face no!

More sharing of the fur!  I was trying to choose orange wool for some pumpkins I was making.  It seems that Callie approved of the wool, but was not so happy about me taking her picture!

And this is how Callie looks a good share of the time - mouth open ready to attack!  She's such a little monster.  This picture totally cracks me up.  MEOW!

I have lots of other news, and will try to post again soon! 

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Gosh you have been really busy. Love all the pictures and thoroughly enjoyed the cat pictures too. They are so sweet keeping you company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pumpkin pendants! I never did fix the pumpkin pin a broke last year. Maybe I should just get a pendant instead. :) But I love wearing the pins on my jacket when I go out.
    So many fun goodies for your Surprise program.
    I really like the pumpkin pattern. It appears you have very nice fabrics and wools in your kit.
    Sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope he is improving!
    The Simply Vintage block is really pretty. I like the mix of greens in the leaves, and that is a great background fabric.
    Oh, my goodness, Callie is a hoot! With a face like that you should be able to hire her out this time of year to earn her own kibble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I missed the sign up for the surprise box! I've been away from home a lot taking care of my mom after surgery so I just read the post. Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have lots of help in the sewing room! Callie seems to be trying out her scary Halloween face--so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is lovely. Would you please tell me your source for the Simply Vintage BOM. I would love to join in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a "no-reply" blogger, so I can't respond directly! You can contact Sew Graceful Quilting in Arkansas to inquire about the Simply Vintage BOM - they do a fantastic job of choosing fabric and wool for their kits.

      Delete