Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

A little trip down memory lane

The very first magazine that my quilt jewelry ever appeared in was American Patchwork & Quilting - and that was in the December, 2010 issue (I have a box of them, if you need one - lol!).  I was so excited to be published in their magazine and we had tons of orders because of it.  We had just (and I mean JUST) gotten our website up and running before the magazine came out, so I know that basically all of the orders in the first 3 months were because of this.  It was such perfect timing - it was available at the beginning of October - just in time for Christmas shopping! I was still working at a full-time job, as HR Manager, and let me tell you - it all kept me hopping!  My mom was still doing the glass work for me.  I would work at that pesky job all day, then piece little tiny quilts for jewelry in the evening and on the weekends.  I would mail them to Mom on Monday (we live about an hour apart), and she would finish them for me.  Then a lot of times, on my lunch hour, Mom and I would meet halfway, often she would bring us a little lunch, and we would sit in her van and eat our lunch, chat and look at the finished product.  Then back to work I went. It all kept us very busy and I feel like AP&Q really helped me get a good start with my online business, and I am so thankful for that.  

Since then, my jewelry, pin cushion patterns, scissor hives and most recently our little ruler boxes have been published in 9 more magazines!  Crazy!!  I am so humbled and thankful every time I receive a request from one of them.  Here is a list of the different magazines we've been in - American Patchwork & Quilting, Fons & Porter (a couple of times), Simple Quilts & Sewing, McCall's Quilting, Quilts & More, Quilter's Newsletter, Quiltmaker, and McCall's Quick Quilts.  I'm not sharing any of this to brag, by any means, I'm just sharing it because it's exciting to me, and amazing as well!  Who knew that my little business would grow like this.  I sure hoped it would, and I took a HUGE leap of faith when I quit that job "in town" and started doing what I love full-time.  I am so thankful and grateful every single day! So...thanks to all of my customers for helping me live the dream! 

Ok, I didn't start this post with the intention of taking that little trip down memory lane (even though it was fun for me), I really just wanted to share that our little ruler boxes are in the December 2017 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting, and here are the pictures from the magazine (used with Meredith Corp. permission)





And if you want to get a copy for yourself (as always, there are lots of great projects in here!) - this is the front cover.

Funny that this is exactly 7 years after the first publication with them, and again...it's the perfect time to get started on your Christmas shopping, and we are happy to help!  You can see our little ruler boxes and much more on my website - so go take a look and get started on your shopping!


3 comments:

  1. Very exciting for you, Julie. I am impressed with how often you have been published! And I enjoyed your trip down memory lane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such and exciting journey you've been on - I'm sure you're still pinching yourself at times to see if it's all really happening, right? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete