Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Fun

We were lucky to have beautiful weather on Easter Day and my family all came to our house for lunch.  I think we all have our own idea of what is fun to do on Easter.   Mom likes to go to church in the morning and always has lots of pretty decorations and always a nice, festive centerpiece.  She brought one with her, because she knows that my table will be bare - I did not get the Martha Stewart gene from Mom:

I love this - the basket was my Mom's Easter basket when she was a child, then it was mine while I was growing up.  The eggs were dyed in 1995(!) with my Grandma, Mom, sister-in-law Linda and myself. 

Dad's idea of fun for Easter (and any other day) is to have a good home-cooked meal, and sit in the chair and take a snooze!  We all got a chuckle out of his snoring.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...my brother was also napping, but he found a quiet place in the basement and I didn't get any pictures of him.
Then my niece, Johnna, decided she needed to take a snooze with Gramps too...

(Not really - he called her over there to tell her a secret)  Johnna had fun playing with the Wii and hiding Easter eggs with Jessica for Kaden to find later.

And Kaden's idea of fun...





Look at all this loot!  Do you like his napkin tucked into his shirt?
He had 63 eggs to find!  The girls did a great job hiding them inside and outside.  Boomer got a hold of a couple of them - I think he is begging forgiveness...
The rest of us think that fun is "not having our picture taken"!

Mom and I made a trip back to Muscatine yesterday for more yarn (for her...my knitting skills have not yet required the purchase of more yarn).  That means, back to sewing today!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. How great that your Easter basket is moving through the generations! Wonderful tradition! I love seeing the "nappers" - reminds me so much of my family holidays, Julie! And Boomer looks like he was rooting around in the cobwebs for Easter eggs with that white film on his nose - cute!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a fun time, creating more great memories.
    Have fun sewing today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is something that you still have that Easter basket. Usually things like that are tossed away after a while. I don't think they make baskets as nice as they used to.

    It looks like Kaden had a lot of fun finding those eggs and I have to say that he has the most beautiful eyes. He's making me jealous!!

    And, so that's the Boomer that's been giving you so much trouble. He certainly looks innocent to me!!

    ReplyDelete