Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Some day I will get caught up on posting - but until then...this post will be a mish mash of everything!

These patriotic pendants are from my Surprise program.  This was the last installment of Surprise 2.  We will be starting up a new one soon!  

 If you read my blog regularly, maybe you remember little Grubby kitty.  My husband found him in the yard last fall, and he was not in good shape at all.  He had very little fur, and was really just a big mess.  He went through some weird stages - for awhile he was just stinky and dirty - wasn't cleaning himself (that was a lovely stage!).  And he had the weirdest little legs - they were really short, and bent funny, so he looked severely bow legged.  Well, now he is clean and cute, and his legs seem to have grown and look normal now.  He is really cute, and super sweet.  He purrs all the time and loves to be petted.  Here he is just hanging out. Oh...and his name is still Grubby, even though he's clean and adorable now!


Our strawberries were so good this year, I just wish they would last longer.  My nieces were here one day and we went out to the strawberry patch and picked a few, and they ate a few.  They were shocked at how amazing a fresh-picked strawberry tastes.  Evidently they have only had the ones from the store that really don't have any flavor!  Hubby likes strawberry pie, so I made this for him.  And I might have had some too! 


This is a bee-yoo-tee-ful stack of wool from Mary Flanagan.  I just left it on my cutting mat for a week so I could drink in it's prettiness!  New projects are in the works!


I got lots of stitching done on the way to the Kansas City Regional Quilt Fest.  This was designed by The Little Red Hen, but I took their block, shrunk it, and changed it a little, and am adding it to another quilt that I'm working on.  Here is a link if you want to purchase this cute little kit from The Red Hen


While at the KCRQF, we went out for supper a few times with good friends who live in the area.  As we left the restaurant one night this is what we saw in the sky.

I'm going to end for now, but I took a lot of pictures of quilts at the show and will share them the next time.

Hope you have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Grubby is too precious...I love to leave my fabric out to admire too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had all my thoughts gathered on what I was going to say, but I got to the end where you said you took a lot of pictures and it so shocked me that all other thoughts fled! *LOL*
    Let me see if I can regroup. Grubby looks so content now. You are being rewarded for your rescue efforts and your patience going through his "stages".
    Fresh strawberries are SO much better than store bought. Unfortunately my strawberry patch has acquired some bug that the local extension agent says cannot be eradicated from the soil. As soon as a berry is ripe it has dozens of little wormy things burrowing into it. I can put netting on them to keep the birds out, but there is nothing I can do about this--even ground covers eventually fail me.
    Your pie looks delicious! I'll bet that didn't last long.
    I am so in love with the beehive block--gorgeous!! Which Little Red Hen pattern did you use? I think I NEED it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy - Strawberry pie looks so good! Have a piece for me! The Bee Hive block is so cute! Good job! Glad the kitty has worked out for you'll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad Grubby is now a normal cat! He looks pretty chill.
    Love Flanagan wools!!

    ReplyDelete