Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Gathering Favorites

My new quilt design, Gathering Favorites is FINALLY finished!  Yes...FINISHED...the binding is on, and the pattern cover picture has been taken.  For everyone who pre-ordered the pattern, it will be in the mail to you tomorrow.  Yippee!!

I wanted to make another quilt with tiny 9 patches (they are 1 1/2" finished) and I decided to use some of my favorite fabrics, hence the name Gathering Favorites.  Do you have favorite fabrics that you are hoarding (lol!) because you just can't imagine being without them?  This is the quilt for you - you can use lots of your favorites - and you only need to use 1" of them, so no fear of using them all up!

I'm linking up to Julie's Binding Blitz post!  Go check it out and see what everyone else has finished this month!

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. What a great quilt and pattern. Looks like a fantastic cover shot too. Thanks for sharing! Some fantastic quilts will come from this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pattern, my friend....fun design and using up all our scraps...that I am sure we all have! :)

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beauty of a quilt, Julie!
    I can't imagine the patience it took to make all of those 9-patches.
    Can I assume "that red" is in there somewhere? *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're sitting down Girlfriend...yes, it's me. I know it's been a while...too long - and hope that you forgive me. But I've thought of you so often. That quilt is absolutely AMAZING. How I wish I could do something like that...but, yikes - I haven't even pulled a loop of wool or a hank of thread in so long, I'm not sure I'll even remember how to do that let alone something like this. Hoping all is well.... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fun nine patch quilt design!! Looks like you have been having lots of small size scrap sewing. My favorite kind!! Glad you got it all done & photographed!! Will keep an eye out for this at my LQS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 9 patch is 1 1/2" finished? or are they 3" finished 9 patches? What size is the finished quilt? I like a challenge, but..... Even me the one who likes a challenge would go nuts. Strip piecing or paper piecing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I am trying to see if I am still a "no reply" blogger.
    Nanette fredericsneice@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I received my Gathering Scraps and Gathering Favorites patterns Monday - I really like the way you lay out your pattern instructions. Simple, easy, and love the acronym use. I hope to make both of these quilts within the next year. The challenge in these patterns is working with the small blocks. I have found them to be fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I received my Gathering Scraps and Gathering Favorites patterns Monday - I really like the way you lay out your pattern instructions. Simple, easy, and love the acronym use. I hope to make both of these quilts within the next year. The challenge in these patterns is working with the small blocks. I have found them to be fun to make.

    ReplyDelete