Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Can you handle some cuteness?

I wanted to start by introducing you to the newest member of our family...Bailey!

We've been thinking about getting a puppy friend for Boomer for quite awhile now, and this little cutie was taken to the pound recently.  We thought she looked like a perfect pal for Boomer!  She is doing really well - not too wild and crazy, but she's a puppy, for sure.  Boomer is warming up to the idea, but the outside kitties are still not impressed.  Hopefully they will come around and they will all live in harmony - lol!  I haven't been able to get many good pictures of her, because she is always wiggling!  She loves to go for walks, and keeps super close to my heels - it's so cute!  

Speaking of outside kitties - I don't like it when the animals play on the frozen pond in the winter - it just makes me nervous, but it had been really cold for a long time, so there was certainly no worries about any of them falling through the ice.  I just thought it was cute the way they were all out there playing - there were a few leaves blowing around, and of course, that made for lots of fun.
This is something that I should have posted months ago -  I won this giveaway from Kathy Schmitz!  I love the charm pack - lots of good fabrics in there, and almost as cute was the card that she sent with it!

As always, please ignore the quality of my pictures - I am in a rush, and decided not to take the time to edit these.  See my slipper below!?  I am still sporadically working on my Merry Christmas Quilt.  I'm just determined to have it done by Christmas this year.  This block was super easy to stitch, until it came to the face.  His eyes are not great - but they are as good as they are going to get!  I am working on block 5 now. 
 

We are crazy-busy getting ready for our next show it is in Stover, MO - here are the details...

Stover Community Center
Friday, April 10th, 9:00 - 5:00
Saturday, April 11th, 9:00 - 3:00

We will have some new items!  For you hand quilters - we will be selling beeswax!  We (the hubby...sure isn't me dealing with them) raised (do you really raise them?) bees for the first time last summer and were fortunate enough to end up with honey and some wax. I know that lots of people love beeswax for thread conditioner, but I had never tried it - instead I had used Thread Heaven.  I've been using the beeswax now, when hand quilting, and it works great.




We are also now carrying Kelmscott scissors.  I love them all and have a hard time not keeping one of each for myself!  Aren't they great?  LOVE!


 And, they are even better when you add a scissor fob!
 We will also be taking lots of socks!
 This is the new color for spring...
 And here are some fobs that we finished up last weekend...


I've been diligently working on a new quilt design and can't wait to show it to you.  I hope to have it sent off to the quilter in the next couple of days.  Then to finish up the pattern writing.  So many things to get done!

 And, you know that I always have to show you how my helpers are doing.  Callie - always willing to lend a paw...
 And Ozzie - just sitting around looking adorable!

That's all for now - have a great week!

13 comments:

  1. Your new puppy is adorable. He should grow up to harass those kitties... what fun.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny you should mention beeswax. I taught a class over the weekend and was explaining how I like to use beeswax on my fine threads as it tends to strengthen it. No one had ever heard of this. I guess I learned it from my neighbor when I was a child. She used to make braided rugs and used it to keep her threads from breaking. My mother wanted to borrow some from her once and she said (this was in the early 1960's) that she would have to have a penny for it as it was bad luck to give beeswax away. Glad to see you are "selling" it! Thanks for sharing and have fun with that new pup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh puppy love here! Ozzie looks skinny? Keep at it my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You have been busy! Good luck at the show. The new pup is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would go nuts at your stall buying colourful socks and scissors and fobs!! The newest member of your family is a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new puppy is so adorable! I do hope the kitties decide to come around! LOL Your goodies look amazing and I would have too much fun shopping in your booth! I do hope you have a good weekend at the show and I'm anxious to see your new quilt and pattern! Thanks for a great update (slippers and all!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet new baby in your family!!! The kitties will warm up to it - who wouldn't?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ozzie makes me laugh!!
    Who can't use a good dose of "cute"? Such a sweet puppy face. And I'll bet it was fun to watch those kitties on the ice.
    I haven't heard of those scissors before. Looks like you have lots of great stuff for the booth. Hope it goes really well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet post filled with adorable and awesome new things.
    Precious new fur baby too.
    Woolie Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your puppy is adorable!!! Love the look of your beeswax. I use it for applique. I'm going to start raising bees next year - I'd love see an inspection post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boomer is adorable! I think Ozzie and Callie are going to be vying for attention now ;>0 It's nice for Boomer to have a non-kitty playmate now!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bailey is so cute! How lucky she is to have you. The pictures of "cats on ice" is funny, but not as funny as the Callie face on your machine!
    Love all your new things - wow your booth will be so colorful.
    Looking forward to seeing what you are stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really a very nice post.

    ReplyDelete