Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Cruising and stitching

It was great to be able to get some stitching done while I was in Florida. Bud Garden is a kit that I bought last fall when I helped in Primitive Gatherings' booth at the Des Moines AQS show.  I prepped them all a long time ago, so all that is left to do is stitch.  They really go fast (amazing how that happens when you actually sit down and work on something!).  Here are a few that I worked on by the pool...



For now they are put away, but it's nice to have a start on them.

Here are a few more pictures from Florida.  We took a drive one day and my brother showed me this house that he loves...
Such a pretty house and so Florida-like :)

These bushes are all along one side of my brother's house.  He had just trimmed them way back, so they aren't as full as normal...
And a few pictures of the tile inside the house.  This one is in the shower - if I were to make this as a quilt block, the border would have to be red!
This is inside the front door, wouldn't it be a nice applique block?
I missed Callie and Ozzie when I was gone, but I did get a "kitty fix" one day! 
He looks grumpy in this picture, but he really wasn't! 

Here's what Ozzie was up to when I was gone.  He's way too tired to stand up and drink - he has to lay down to do it! 
And some jewelry that we recently finished...

Have you signed up for Charming 3?  Go to my website to see the details


That's all for now - hope you have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Your brother has expensive tastes. Love the bushes he has by his house. Such pretty flowers. Do you know the name of those bushes? I'd love some for my new house.
    That first tile reminded me of my potholder project. Love your new jewelry pieces. So pretty.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flowers are Hibiscus, by the looks of them in a small photo

      Delete
  2. I adore the tiling by the front door. Right up my alley for both tiling and applique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traveling can be a lot of fun, especially when you have some stitching to take along with you! Love your little wool buds, makes me want to get my wool project down and make another block :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the peach colored double hibiscus!!!! I used to have one (indoors in Nebraska) and now I haven't been able to find one locally anywhere. Love your wool stitchery - that's what I have been working on lately - a pattern by the Quilted Crow Girls - can't wait until I have it done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tile work! Love your wool work, very nice.
    We had a cat who laid down to drink, we elevated her bowl and she seemed to like that.
    Fantastic charm necklaces!

    ReplyDelete