Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Monday, December 5, 2011

More exciting news!

Guess what I got in the mail today????  Are you guessing?????  That's right...the new January/February 2012 issue of Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting magazine.  Here's what it looks like...
Make sure you take a close look...you will want to be able to spot it on the newsstands.  And what's inside, you might ask?

ME!!!
Isn't that exciting?  I sure think so. My pincushions are the pineapple and the flag.  Don't look to close at the picture of me - I look like I am grimacing (probably because I hate having my picture taken).  This was the only one I could find to send them - kind of makes me laugh.  Anyway...they had contacted me about the time I was getting ready to vend the show in Galena.  I had just finished making about 30 pincushions to sell at the show, so it was perfect timing. I don't think the magazine is out yet, but it should be in a few days, so make sure you look for it and take one home.

While I'm self-promoting I might as well also mention that there are new items posted on my website - so make sure you check it out and don't forget to do your Christmas shopping while you are there (and your husband called, he said it's ok to get a little something for yourself too)!

Have a great day!!

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations, can't wait until it is out for sale! I don't have the subscription but I sure will getting this issue.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!
    Glad I have one of your pieces.
    Thanks for the heads up - I'll look for the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's your website again? I'd love some cute little earrings- ONE day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Julie! How exciting indeed! I can't wait for my issue to arrive in the mailbox!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie - That's such exciting news! Looks like it's a more in-depth mention than what the other quilt magazines have done. Congratulations! I'll be looking for this on the newsstands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! How wonderful to be featured in a quilting magazine....

    ^5

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Julie!!! I'll be sure to pick up a copy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! The pin cushions are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Julie, how great! I will look for that magazine. Coincidentally, I have a quilt in AP&Q that just came out. I haven't seen it yet, but a couple people told me they have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Julie!! Yippeee and Yea for you!! Gosh dang it - I sorta know an almost celebrity!! ;o) I actually love the photo of you - you look as sweet as you are! What a way to start the week! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Julie! Your pincushions are just exquisite. I can see why they wanted to feature them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I'll keep my eye out for it and buy a copy when I find one.
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, I'm off to shop. Thanks for the heads up; congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Julie, I'll definitely pick up that issue! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WoW! Congratulations! I will have to pick up a copy! thanks for sharing! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats!!! I'll be sure to check it out on the newstands once it arrives!!!

    ReplyDelete