Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Block One...finished!

I purchased the "Summertime" kit from Primitive Gatherings during the AQS show in Des Moines.  Actually - my friend, Becky, and I both bought a kit and decided we would work on it together.  So far, we have only been able to get together once.  We had both planned to have all of the prep work done before we met - but that didn't quite happen.  But that's ok, we both got started - that's the main thing.  A few weeks later Becky told me that she had hers FINISHED!  Yikes!!!  I hadn't touched mine!  I couldn't get left in the dust, so I got busy and finished mine over the next week or so - just working on it a little bit in the evenings. 
One down, 11 to go!  We had hoped to get together again last week, but weren't able to and I can't this week, so maybe next week.  I have my next block prepped and ready to start stitching.  Miss over-achiever probably has hers done - I'm afraid to ask!

Have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. Looks great, Julie.
    Let's talk about over-achievers, shall we? Have you looked in the mirror lately, miss "I make incredible jewelry available online and in quilt shops around the country and was featured in a national quilt mag"? Tee Hee!
    And I say it with the utmost respect and affection! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee - I agree with the above commenter! Love this block, Julie! You can do with a few less hours of sleep to finish the rest - right? (Just kidding!)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this block! And being in wool, the stitching goes quicker than doing applique with cotton. Good choice for a project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love that block. I just love the wool.
    Lovely photo of you, mom and Aunt. Making memories is so fun.
    Hugs Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what Janet O. said??? DITTO!!! You goofball you! ;o) Love the block - going to be an amazing quilt!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful block! Love to blanket stitch - I could sit all day and do that - therapeutic I guess. Can't wait to see more. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. So SO pretty! Are you using Steam A Seam II on this? I think that's what Lisa Bongean usually recommends for her projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love wool applique...it does seem to be the rage. Your block is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ThaT is a lovely block! The quilt is going to be lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't get enough of these charming wool blocks. Yours sure turned out great. Can't wait to see the others!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how pretty, I love applique!!! Hand sewing of any kind and Baskets, my favorite!!! Just Beautiful! Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete