Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Sunday, June 9, 2019

The usual...catching up!


I'm finally posting - and will again try to be short on words and heavy on pictures!  We are getting ready for the show in Shipshewana (details below).  Here are just a few pieces of jewelry that we've been working on.  I always love anything patriotic...





 This is a new design - these are all 1 1/4"
 These pineapple pendants were a special order - aren't they pretty?  They provided the fabric - it's from a beautiful opportunity quilt using these fabrics with this pineapple block. 

Here are the details for the show in Shipshewana, IN.  It is in a new location this year.

Michiana Event Center
455 E. Farver St.
Shipshewana, IN 46565

Wednesday, June 19 - Noon to 5:00
Thursday, June 20 - 9:00 to 5:00
Friday, June 21 - 9:00 to 5:00
Saturday, June 22 - 9:00 to 3:00

We will be in booth #16 - hope to see you there!

I've mentioned before that I started cross stitching again.  Here are a few projects that I've worked on lately...

 I love anything Quaker!

 I'm super-excited about these - they are needle minders!  Each one is an inch square.  These are in the works, and I hope to have them available at the show, and then on my website when I get home. 

Much to the chagrin of the farmers (my dad & brother included), we have had tons of rain this spring, which brought this beautiful double rainbow one evening.  It was really bright and pretty in person.

The rain didn't stop me from seeing this Cher concert with my friend, Loyce.  

We have customized loads of spray bottles for other businesses (Red Button Quilt Co, Prairie Star Lodge, The Woolen Needle, and Yellow Creek Quilt Designs are just a few)...

My niece, Johnna, turned 21!  How is that even possible?  I tell her that she can't be 21, she's still a tiny baby in my eyes - lol!  Here she is with her grandparents - my Mom & Dad on the left and her Grandma Campbell on the right.  This was the night before her birthday.  I asked her if she was going to go have a legal drink at midnight.  She looked at me like I was nuts and said that was past her bedtime!  She's too funny.  

And of course, the kitties!  Callie is off doing her own thing most of the time, it seems like she isn't in a lot of pictures.  Sad news on Ozzie - he is 16 and his kidneys are failing.  Makes me so sad to think about it.  We are babying him along - but he won't eat the food that the doctor prescribed, so he gets force fed with a syringe.  He actually takes it pretty well, but I feel bad. He always acts like he's hungry, but won't eat much on his own - I have about 20 different kinds of food and sometimes he will eat them and sometimes not so much.  He likes to lay in the sun on my ironing board.  Doesn't he look like he wishes I would stop disturbing him!?
 He's ready for his shower!  Strange cat - he loves to go in the shower and drink.  He doesn't get in the direct spray, but he is wet by the time he gets out!  Whatever makes him happy...


 My mom was knitting, and Daisy chewed through her yarn!  So, Mom gave her a chunk of it.  She drug it around for days, until the roomba ate it.  Then Mom felt sorry for her and mailed her more.  That's right - one day we had a card addressed to Daisy Letvin!  Too cute.  She sent one to play with now and one in case the roomba eats it again!

 I can't get much ironing done with these 3 around!  Ozzie and Callie are by the window. . Daisy wants to be, but they wouldn't let her in!  See that clipboard in the center of the picture, with the star block on it?  Be looking for those soon too!  We will have some at the show, then will try to get them on the website when we get back.

 She wants to get on the counter, but knows I'm watching her!


Now you know what's going on in my life!  Will try to update again soon!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. So many gorgeous pendants--you can never go wrong with pineapples and/or patriotic themes.
    Please explain how in the world you have time to cross stitch?!?
    A Cher concert? Wow, I didn't know she was still giving them.
    You have a beautiful niece.
    Always fun to see the kitty antics, but sorry to hear about Ozzie's condition.
    Always good to get an update from you, Julie!

    ReplyDelete