Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Gotta have that bling!

I finally had time to add more pendants with bling to my website - they seem to sell out fast, and I don't get more made fast!  I wish my studio was about twice as big as it is - it would be so nice to leave all of my beads and charms out.  It seems like such a process to drag it all out, and put it all away.  So usually when I make blingy pendants, I make quite a few at a time.  Oh, and yes...I do make all of the little bead sets!  SOMEONE (my aunt) thought I bought them that way!  NO!!  They take a lot of time, so I want credit for them - lol!

I love this bee fabric and the charm too.


 Also love that little black wreath in the center of this one - it's a Primitive Gatherings fabric


 I try to make a few bright ones too - and I always like the word charms

To me, this is paper piecing at its best - tiny points - just what paper piecing is made for

 Another bright one - look at the cute iron charm!  I found a bunch of sewing related charms that are perfect for my pendants
 Like a little extra bling?

I forgot to show you what came home with me from the show in Minnesota.  I met Tracy Trevethan for the first time.  She designs patterns, and dyes wool and wool thread.  I really loved them all, can you tell?

I'm hoping to design a few small patterns using Tracy's wool, then maybe offer kits at some point.  Which reminds me - do you like the idea of buying a kit that is just the wool, and you provide your own cotton fabrics?  These will be small things - not a full sized quilt.  I feel like most of us have a stash of cotton, but maybe not so much wool.  I like this idea, but am curious to how others feel about it.

Another designer that I love is Sara from Blueberry Backroads (did you know that she is Emily's daughter from Red Button designs?).  Her patterns and designs are so cute, and are 10 times better in person!  Sadie Rae's booth (be sure to check out her website too - she was so much fun!) had this sample made up in their booth (the cats on the pumpkins) and it was just adorable.  I had commented on it, and later my mom surprised me with a little kit for it!

Hope you have a great day!


3 comments:

  1. I love bling! And I wear your gorgeous charms with pride. I love your work and I enjoy it so much. Thanks for sharing your talent with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bee, the wreath, and the palm frond all speak to me!! : )
    Those look like gorgeous wools--I can see why you bought so many!

    ReplyDelete