Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

What a great time we had at the show in Ft. Dodge, IA.  Such a super guild - the ladies were all so nice and very helpful, and so smart - they put their husbands in charge of all of the food!  They had lunch for us each day and also made us supper on Saturday night.  And on top of all of that - we sold lots of jewelry and loads of socks!  So many socks, that I had to order more for the next show, and they will be here today.  Speaking of the next show...it is in Clear Lake, IA and here are the details...

North Iowa Quilters One-Stop Shopping Spree
Best Western Holiday Lodge
I-35/US 18 - Exit 194 West
Friday, November 14th from 10:00 to 5:00 
Saturday, November 15th from 10:00 to 4:00

There will be 13 vendors and lots of fun!  Hope some of you can make it there to see me!  My aunt has a home in Mason City, so Mom and I go and stay with her, and my aunt helps me at the show and Mom runs around and sees the sights :).  But...we have had a bit of a problem with that plan...Mom fell and broke her arm and had to have surgery last week.  Which, much to her chagrin, means NO DRIVING!  So...I may be working at the show by myself and Mom and Aunt Nancy may be off playing without me.  I'm sure it will all work out.

I've decided that the rest of this post is just going to be a hodge podge of random stuff that I haven't shared with you yet!  Mostly pictures, not a lot of words.

You know how I love a good mail day - well, one day, my friend Nancy sent me this book - it's a great book and I was lucky that she accidentally bought 2!
 And another day Nancy sent me this adorable Annie.  I love her!  Check out this website to find one for yourself!
 She made herself at home on top of the quilts...

 Another fun mail day, but this was from Aunt Nancy.  A few scraps and a super-cute note pad.  Nothing better than pumpkins and cats!

Do you plant zucchini in your garden?  If so, you know that one plant yields about a bazillion zucchini!  We do all kinds of creative things with them, but the yummiest is these brownies!  So good!
 This is an old picture, but this is one of the cute little kittens that Dottie had.  They are all so big now - as big as their Mommy already!  They have the shiniest, softest fur and are all adorable and hilarious to watch!

 I made a little visit to one of my favorite quilt shops...Inspirations...in Hills, IA.  Nancy always has lots of new samples (all gorgeous) and new fabrics.  Love that shop!!  I took just a couple of pictures...

 And here are a few things that jumped in my car...

And since I am obsessed with the new socks we are selling...I thought I would share one of my many pair. I really can't wait for the new ones to get here - I will probably have to have another pair for myself.  I have had a lot of people ask me if they will be on my website.  Probably not...but...if you are interested in them, send me a note and I will send you pictures of what I have.  They really do make great gifts.  One lady in Ft. Dodge bought NINE pair!  Some for her and some for her grandkids.

I should have posted this a long time ago.  This is the final block for Charming 2.  Teresa C is from Australia and she is the only person who sent me pictures of every single block.  She should win a prize!  And maybe she will....that should be an incentive for those of you in Charming 3 to get to working on your blocks!

 And speaking of Charming 3...this is just a few of the first charm. We were working on these up to the minute I sent them out and I didn't ever have them all in a big pile, like I usually do.  I didn't get any pictures of the bright ones.  I hope to do better next time (which is right around the corner!).

That's all for now...hope you have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. So sorry about your Mom. Sorry, too, that you have to do the show alone. If I lived closer I would come help!
    Love that book--haven't made anything from it yet, but I have drooled over plenty of the pages. : )
    You have a few Nancys in your life--maybe a couple of those mentioned are the same person?
    I recently bought some of that golden yellow that just jumped into your car.
    Mmmm, what a great sight--all of those dark and dirty courthouse steps charms. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when I shop and treasures jump in the car :-)
    Love the doll, I'm heading over to her website next. Wonderful gifts, I gave a copy of the book to my SIL with a bundle of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear of your success! Lots of beautiful quilts and mail on this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your next show. And, I hope your mom heals quickly.

    So many goodies and eye candy. I think Miss Nancy is spoiling you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's too bad about your Mom's arm - here's hoping that the next show goes well even if your aunt isn't able to help you at the show. I had no idea there was a Civil War Legacies II out - will need to keep my eyes peeled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your mom's arm! I hope can get along ok until it heals well! Love those little blocks for Charming 3! So cute! Wow, Nancy sure does spoil you! Both Nancy's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, lots of Nancys here. I feel like you were just substituting that name to fill in the blanks. I hope your show went well and that your mom is ok. Life is so unpredictable! Lots of fun gifts, and kitty and ornamentals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about you mum. Hope her arm is getting better. I love your Annie doll. I got a Christmas Angel one last year and she sits on top of my Christmas tree. I love her to bits. Yours is too cute! Thank you for the wonderful email tonight xx

    ReplyDelete