Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Dottie's Dashes is FINALLY complete!

If you remember from my last post, I've been working on writing the pattern for my newest quilt design, Dottie's Dashes, for what seems like forever!  It is FINALLY finished and on my website.  It took a lot longer than I had planned, but I ran into a bajillion (yes...I'm pretty sure that is a word) difficulties!  My computer has been giving me fits for awhile now, and I have no patience for it at all.  And then add to that my lack of photography skills and it just makes life difficult!  But, no more whining, no more excuses...I'm so happy that the pattern is finished and ready to go.  My goal was to have it done by the show in Stover, so I'm actually ahead of schedule!  For everyone who pre-ordered the pattern, it will be in the mail to you tomorrow morning (into the very capable hands of Marty the Mail Lady!!).  If you've forgotten what Dottie's Dashes looks like...here it is again...


Speaking of the show in Stover, MO - don't forget to come visit me there if you are in the area.  It's a really fun and busy show.  It's in the Stover Community Building on April 4th and 5th.  Two floors of vendors - 30 vendors in all - it will be lots of fun, for sure!


I took some time out one day to dismantle some wool suits that my dad gave me.  I remember him wearing these suits to church a lot.  I don't know if he decided that he would never wear them again, or if he grew out of them, but I love them, and am happy he gave them to me and will think of him any time I use this recycled wool.  I ended up with a nice sized pile - pants sure are easier to tear apart that jackets!

 As always, we are working on jewelry - trying to have lots ready for the show.

 I got on a flag kick!


And here is a very, very rare picture of Callie (left) and Ozzie (right) together (not fighting)...
 They never, ever lay together like that (and for the record... that is Dottie's Dashes that they are laying on - no wonder it took forever to get that binding sewn down!).  But...you can see below how long that lasted!
Yep...it's on!!  Doesn't Ozzie just look like he is ready to kick her butt?  You can always tell, when Callie comes up to Ozzie and acts lovey and starts licking him...it is all over and they will be fighting within seconds!

I hope you all have a great day!!  Oh...and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

10 comments:

  1. Love that new quilt Julie - you captured the beauty of scrap quilts perfectly! How fun that you got some of your dad's old suits for the wool - I have a nice shirt from both my dad & my FIL that I want to use for something special someday. Have learned to not even bother with dismantling the jackets - when I used to buy suits at the thrift store I'd immediately donate the jackets back before I left the store! LOL You found the perfect star fabric for your flag blocks - cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new pattern! Those kitties are adorable. They have the same relationship as my two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new quilt design really speaks to my fondness for Churn Dash blocks. Great pattern!
    I love the photo of the pile of jewelry pieces awaiting frames. I had to enlarge it and stare for a while.
    BTW, my daughter asked me if I recalled you ever having a Shamrock charm. I didn't think so, but told her I would ask.
    The cats are too funny. So does Callie approach Ozzie thinking they can be friends or is it really an effort to start something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for getting the pattern written! Looks like you are getting a lot accomplished. Do the cats really not like each other? Will they ever get bored and stop fighting?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt! We came home to hair balls everywhere....my precious babies must have been sharing the love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Julie. I love the jewelry. The kitties are so cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have been so busy. Great work. I love the little flags. Your cats onviously gave your quilt the seal of approval.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your flags! congrats on finished the quilt and pattern - looks great

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course they selected the best quilt to park on :-)
    I never noticed Callie had white on her, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dottie's Dashes....a wonderful finish. I have not seen this design before. The triangles a good addition to the churn dash blocks.

    ReplyDelete