Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Make it Dirty!

I'm talking about your fabric (for all of you who went somewhere else.)!  I am working on jewelry today and for some reason, none of my fabric is quite the shade I need, so out came the trusty Instant Antique.  I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!


If you haven't ever used it, you should give it a try - you can get it from Primitive Gatherings website.

Yep...my fabrics are all perfect now.  My fingers are brown (must have gotten a little carried away!), but it is worth every little stain.  The cats better look out - they could get antiqued if they get in the way!

Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. Never heard of "Instant Antique" but it interesting... off to check it out on the Primitive Gatherings website!


    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Lisa recommends it--of course, she sells it! And I've seen it at an almost LQS, but never tried it. I've come very close to buying it a couple of times, but I always back out. Does it stink? Does it rub off or wash out? I know I love the look, and it is probably easier than tea dying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great, Julie! Just what you needed for the right look :)

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - very funny, Julie! I have a bottle of this and am just waiting for the perfect project to use it on (and NOT one of the cats)!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen "instant antique" but it sounds interesting. Brown fingers just mean you've been having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Instant Antique should be in every sewing room... especially if the primitive look is your thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whatever happened to dragging your quilt behind the truck on a dirt road?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this at a quilt shop and wondered about it. Thanks for the positive report! Love the look of the antiqued fabrics.

    ReplyDelete