Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A small finish, a party and a cat or two

It seems I haven't been posting much - but I've been super-busy with orders ever since the newest issue of Love of Quilting hit the stands.  But, I did have a small finish from a couple of weeks ago that I thought I would share with you.
Looks like I should have done some editing - but you get the idea.  This was part of a Jo Morton club that I did a few years ago (yes...I said YEARS), but I didn't get around to quilting it until now.  What's even worse is that I started quilting it at least a year ago when my Mom and I went to Rocherster, MN.  Obviously I just didn't work on it very often.  I finally decided to take some time (only about 30 minutes, for heavens sakes!) and finish it up.  It didn't take long at all to finish the hand quilting and make a little binding for it - it's only about 12" square!  But, a finish is a finish, right?

Another thing that I've been meaning to blog about is a fun party that my friend, Crystal and I went to awhile back at our friend Starla's house.  Her sister is a Jordan Essentials representative.  Have you tried their products?  If not, you need to!  I LOVE THEM!   At the party we used the salt scrub for our feet (Starla's husband promised that he would rub our feet, but backed out when we showed up!) and the shea butter and the lotion bar.  They are all wonderful - I bought one of each.  Laura gave me some samples of other products and so far, I have liked them all.  Here is her table all set up with the products...

And here is our very gracious hostess Starla (she will not be happy about this pic!)...
She slaved over a hot stove and made us lots of yummy snacks - no pictures of that, we must have been too eager to dig in.

Here is Miss Laura - our consultant...look how hard she is working calculating all of those orders!
And here is my little friend, Alexis - she is soooo funny.  There were a whole bunch of samples that you could smell to decide which scent you wanted - Alexis, Crystal and I smelled them together.  There was one that was "For Kids" - here is Alexis modeling that one...
 And here she is giving it a whiff...can you tell she likes it?!
 And here she's just being cool...
She was so funny - it's nice to have entertainment at the party!  And this is what happened at the end, after Laura worked so hard presenting and completing the order forms...
A well-deserved nap!  These really are great products, so if you get the chance to go to a party - do it!  I have already ordered more for Christmas gifts.

And lastly...I know I haven't shown any kitty pictures for awhile.  I actually think that Callie has grown up - she is not the wild maniac that she used to be.  She still has her moments, but it's not all day long anymore. Here is Ozzie in a rare show of playfulness (usually he just sits around and begs for food!)...
 I really didn't think he could get his big butt in the box, but he did!
 PEEK!!!!
 And you know, that Callie couldn't let Ozzie be the star of the show...she had to be in on the action too.  "Hmmmm....what have we here...I think I shall bite this tail!"

Always entertaining! 

Now, back to work.  Hope you all have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. So glad your business is doing so well and I always get a smile out of the cat antics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a finish--I think Dr. Seuss would say, "A finish's a finish, no matter how small!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little piece Julie....and am comforted by the fact that someone else sometimes has problems finishing....Dunno - it's like a finish phobia....So many things that just need 30 minutes or whatever of my time, but they go in the unfinished purgatory....Sweet little kitties...I could watch them play all day....Happy Wednesday!! Good to hear from you! ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the little quilt finish! I love it! And how great that your business is going so well. Keeps you busy doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the applique design. Makes a a nice little piece. With your teensy, tiny little quilt jewelry pieces that you make, it is a wonder you have time for anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic you've been busy making jewelry!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Julie - I'm glad you came up for air for a bit! I love your little finish - who cares what size - it is a finish for sure and very nice! Cute pics from the party, too! I'm so glad the kitties are keeping you entertained while you have your nose to the grindstone ;>)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete