Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Monday, February 19, 2018

What a swap!

If you read a lot of blogs, you are probably familiar with Janet O of Rogue Quilter blog.  She is a much better blogger than me!  Janet and I have gotten to be friends through blogging, and have talked about having a little quilt swap for the last few years.  There was always something going on, and we were both busy, but we finally decided to buckle down and do it, and we were shooting for November (2017).  Well...that didn't quite happen, but it did finally work out for us in January!  LOOK AT THIS!!!


I love everything about this!  Janet makes lots of small quilts but I think she really outdid herself on this feathered star - I'm still just amazed by it.  As you can see by the yardstick quilt hanger, this little quilt is about 11" square, and the star is about 5"!  And look at the beautiful quilting - she's so talented!  Janet and I have dubbed this red fabric to be our "favorite" red, and look how much she shared with me.  I put some of it in the little 9-patch quilt that I sent to her too - can you find it?


There were some other goodies in my swap package...


I just love the note cards - a stained glass bee hive, what could be more fitting?  My mom owns a stained glass studio where she sells supplies and teaches classes, and of course, my hubby does the glass work on our jewelry, and he raises bees, so these are just perfect!  I was secretly hoping that Janet would send me more of her wonderful hand made soap, and she did!  It smells sooooo good.

Make sure to read Janet's blog post about our swap.  So glad that we were finally able to do this - I will treasure my little feathered star forever.



3 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed your swap so much, via both of your blogs...bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilts are awesome! You were a good match for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, goodness, Julie, I am not a better blogger--just a more frequent poster. :)
    I am so thrilled with my little quilt from you! Definitely worth the wait!! Thanks, again, for swapping!

    ReplyDelete