Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Monday, March 20, 2017

Home from Texas


 I have lots of pictures, and will try to keep the words short & sweet!

The show in Dallas is my favorite show of the year - it is busy, busy - which is fun, and my niece goes with me (also fun) and we get to stay with my cousin Phillip and his family - which is the best part of all.  I love and miss them all so much!  And this year, Aunt Nancy (Phillip's mom!) flew to Dallas and helped us at the show.  Another wonderful part of this show is how many people that I know from Facebook, Instagram and blogging, that I get to meet in person.  Thanks to everyone who came and said hi - I love being able to put a face to the name.

Here we are in the process of setting up the booth.  Johnna is such great help - she moves stuff around until she's happy with how it looks, jumps up on the tables to hang quilts, etc!  The window frames you see below are what we display our jewelry on.
 Lots of boxes and socks
 See that cute cart in the front of the picture?  That is new...my friend Su Bunch from Piecekeepers brought it to the show for me.

 I love our vintage Wrigley's gum stand that we use for patterns, scissors, misc. notions and ruler stars.

And this is what happens when I leave Johnna and Aunt Nancy alone for 2 minutes!  They had a visit from the local police department. And you thought that the quilt police weren't real!


We had sooo many new things this year - don't these balls of Valdani look good in the little ruler box?  LOVE!  We also have Aurifil in a cute little box.
 Two of my new patterns (you've seen them before), but see the yardsticks that they are displayed on?  We sold kits for those as well.  They include everything you need to make your own little display.

 These binding boxes - first introduced in our Surprise program - were a big hit and are now on the website.

 The first (and maybe the last - these were kind of tough to stitch) time I have made kitty earrings - they are 3/4".
 Lots of 1 1/2" star pendants...
 And a 1 1/4" kitty with bling - love that charm...

 I had to wear this on St. Patrick's Day!


 I never did make it all the way through the quilts at the show, but here are just a few that I saw.  Beautiful!



My cousin's daughter loves horses, so I had to take this picture for her!

 We stayed an extra day to play! You can't be that close to Waco, TX and not go to Magnolia.  Do you watch Fixer Uppers?  Here are my cousin's daughter, Leah, and Johnna.  It was chilly in Texas!

 The crowds were crazy - it was spring break week and evidently everyone on the planet was here!

 Johnna's favorite place to shop is Goodwill!  Here she is in her glory - lol!

 I think my kitties (and maybe hubby too!) missed me.  Here is adorable Ozzie - he came to tell me it was time to go to bed!  He looks sleepy.  Isn't he looking good?  He had gotten super skinny, and we found out he has an overactive thyroid.  Now he gets his medicine twice a day (not fun for any of us!) and is gaining weight and looking like a pretty boy again.  He's back to wrestling with Callie, so I know he is feeling better!


7 comments:

  1. Such fun pictures!!! Some day you'll be doing a show in my neck of the woods and I'll get to meet you too! Love those kitties - furry and stitched alike!! And I've still got my eye on your ruler boxes...some day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great trip!! Oz is looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your kittie is feeling better. Your booth looks awesome and even funner to sell with family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie I so enjoyed meeting and wanting to make my quilts with your Log Cabin Quilt!
    I know you enjoyed the time. So much fun visiting all the Vendors

    Hope you did well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had such a good trip! Thanks for sharing your adventures, it's always fun to see what you've been up to and where you've been. You sure do get around!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great fun you had! Thanks for sharing.
    Love your bees in the header photo too.

    ReplyDelete