Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Ozark Piecemakers Quilt Show

 The show in Springfield, MO was a good one!  Lots of people and so many pretty quilts.  We went early on Saturday so that I could look at all of the quilts.  I just made a quick run through and took a bunch of not-very-good pictures.  There was bright lighting overhead that made my pictures worse than usual, if that's possible.  This one just blows my mind.  The lady who made it visited my booth.  She claims this is not hard to make. Makes my eyes crazy to look at, and my head hurt to even think about making it.  I think it's amazing.

 A lot of the quilts that I took pictures of are not something that I would ever make - really bright and modern, but I sure do appreciate them.  I love this - I think it's the black background and of course all of the little pieces!
 I love the border on this one - I think a pieced border adds so much interest to a quilt.

 Another black and bright quilt - isn't it gorgeous?

 A Ginny Beyer design that I have always liked.
 I guess you can tell that these black/bright quilts really caught my eye!
 A few Bonnie Hunter designs caught my eye...

 Loved this one - it was a beautiful anniversary tribute quilt and had several personal things attached lace, a necklace, etc.
 I took this picture for my chicken loving niece!
 I love this design - on my I-need-to-make-this list!
 Another Bonnie Hunter design...
 They had an area that featured quilts by Anna Day - they were all framed and very nice.  I love the way she uses color - especially the light/background fabrics, love how they sparkle.




 Great small stars - loved these earthy colors.
 Amazing applique and hand quilting...

There were lots more, but this gives you a good idea of all of the beauty at the show!  So many talented quilters.

Here is my booth - 
And now I'm packing up for the next one!  My mom and I leave for Minnesota on Monday.  Yikes!  Still lots to do - so I better get busy!

Have a great weekend, and come and see us in Walker, MN next week!


5 comments:

  1. So much good stuff--I, too, love the quilts that are brights with black, but they are not the decor I want in my home. They are just beautiful to look at, though.
    I especially enjoyed the shots of Anna Day's little quilts (no surprise there, right?).
    Oh, sound like you are booked pretty tight.
    Safe travels and I wish you much success in your vending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that Buggy Barn applique quilt on my to-do list also. I was in Walker this afternoon--I'll have to see if I can fit in another trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous quilts you saw and shared with us! I am really taken with the small ones that are framed. Just wow! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pictures...would have went to show if I didn't have to be in WI show to pick up my quilt....hope you did well

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful display of quilts....Thank you for sharing!!! You are a busy gal, have fun vending Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete