Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

I'm so excited that I can finally show you our latest endeavor!  Lots of fun boxes made from yard sticks with our name on them!  There are many different shapes and sizes - you can see all of those details on my website, under the "Go Shopping" button.  I'm using one of the 3-tall boxes to hold all of the different pencils and markers that I use for quilting.  And the 2 tall is great to have by my chair while I'm hand quilting - it's big enough to hold thread, small scissors, binding clips, etc.  The long one is great too - you can put a pin cushion in there...oh...there are lots of possibilities!  Add a pair of socks (because we all need "socks in a box"!), or a pendant and you have the perfect gift - just in time for Christmas!

 This size is great for a pin cushion too
 And these?  SO CUTE!  I love the tiny one with the lid - look how little that clothes pin is!
These boxes would also make a great place to put some of your jewelry.  Speaking of jewelry - I got out my Snowman Gatherings fabric last week and made a bunch of new pendants...

These were so much fun to make, I just love all of their different expressions.

That is all for today - all of my electronic devices are giving me fits!  I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We are hosting, so I better get busy cleaning and cooking!

Have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Love these boxes! You have some very unique configurations that would be really fun to use. A blog friend sent me a Temecula ruler box last Christmas and recently the little quilt shop over the mountain started carrying their own. Just bought one yesterday. And now you have them, but you have more variety in size and style. Have to say, though, I really want the yardsticks they are made from to use in hanging my little quilts. : )
    Your snowman jewelry is so cute. Perfect use of Lisa's little prints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh how adorable. I have oogled Temecula's as well but never bit the bullet. You've got some fantastic options that might work for my hexie supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boxes are definitely going on my Christmas wish!!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too CUTE Julie! I just made a few yardstick boxes for Christmas gifts that I will share on my blog soon - but they're not NEARLY as cute as yours - I especially love that little one with the lid & clothes pin! You always find the greatest fabric to fussy cut for your jewelry - I was thinking that there might be a lot of waste, but I guess you can always use the other bits for part of another project, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh heck, who wants to wait? I went ahead and ordered them! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Those boxes are great! The newest winter pendants are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete