Me & My Stitches

Me & My Stitches
Click on the picture to go to my website. These are 1 1/4" pendants.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Strawberry time

Here's whats been going on here lately - quite a bit of this...
I didn't think to take pictures of what I made with them. After the first picking, I made a cake (the best cake ever - made with tons of butter!) to put the strawberries on.  After the second picking I made two strawberry chiffon pies - very easy and a favorite of DH.  I need to pick them again, but it has been raining forever!  Picking is not an easy task - Boomer is soooo helpful.  When we get in a shoving match, he wins.  He is such a big lug and has to have his big nose in the middle of everything.  Who knew that a black lab would eat strawberries?

This was an order from last week...
I did win a cool hot pad made from selvages...
I knew I shouldn't have thrown away that bag of selvage edges I was saving!

And here is what Callie has been up to...

Hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. The strawberries look yummy! Funny that the dog loves them too. Ours are weeks away from maturing, but my husband waits patiently!

    ReplyDelete